Wednesday, January 1, 2020

| 2019 in Review - Closing Thoughts |

I realize that my last post was a review of 2018, but it's never too late to resurrect the old blog, right?  This year brought incredible change to my life, and I am very grateful for an opportunity to reflect on this last year.

- May 18th, 2019 - 

A year and a week after we began dating, I made Ruth my wife for life.  She has been the greatest blessing the Lord has ever floated my way.  It has been an incredible eight months full of laughter, adventure, and growth. Her support, care, and sacrifice have challenged me to seek the Lord more than I could have imagined.  You don't realize how selfish you really are until you get married, and God has shown through Ruth the ways in which I was self-serving.  She is one of a kind.

On that date, we were celebrating the beginning of our journey together. But we were also celebrating the people that got us to that point.  Those were composed of the families and friends, who became family, that the Lord placed in our lives.  And for them, we will be forever grateful.

Hello, Mrs. Lopez.

Friends who became family.

- Summer 2019 - 

This summer provided several learning opportunities through the platform of camps, conferences, and weddings.  Logos' Teacher's Conference and the Called Conference provided us with experiences that kept us busy over our break from school.

The Green Team (proudly) did not finish last in the overall Team activities.

Shepherding 24 high school students can age a couple.

Christ Church's Family Camp



- Family & Travels -

Over this last year, Ruth and I traveled quite a bit.  Amongst the adventures, were trips to Montana, Minnesota (2x), Missouri (2x), and Washington.  One of the highlights was a big family trip to Kansas City, MO.  A trip back to the homeland required a 24-hour road trip that, although long, created some very memorable moments for all those involved.


Graham decided to throw up 3 minutes into the trip.  (He was actually quite the trooper for the entirety of the trip)


Speaking of family, Ruth and I discovered that we would be an aunt and uncle on both sides!  We are both so excited for Isaac and Callie!



- Extracurriculars -

Biked to the top of Moscow Mountain.
This year was full of opportunities outside of the hustle and bustle of school. With the arrival of fall, I began teaching at Logos School and started the second year of coaching the JH boys basketball there, while Ruth began work at HumbleBurger. Recently, she wrapped up her senior thesis, entitled Empowered: Female Superheroes and Feminine Strength. While she was busy with researching and writing her thesis, I began a current events blog called The Life Given.  (Since then, that has grown to a current events discussion group and a podcast!)  I am very excited to see where this goes in 2020.

No comments: